The best taco pizza
Prep: 20 MIN
Total: 30 MIN
- 3 or 4 spicy Italian sausages, casings removed, crumbled
- ½ t. (125 mL) pizza sauce
- 1 can refrigerated Pillsbury* pizza crust
- 2 t. (500 mL) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 medium Italian tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium yellow pepper, chopped (1 cup /250 mL), if desired
- ¼ t. (50 mL) chopped fresh cilantro or green onions, if desired
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) for a dark or non-stick pan, or 425°F (220°C) for any other type of pan. Spray a 15 x 10-inch (38 x 25 cm) rimmed baking pan with cooking spray.
In 12-inch (30 cm) skillet, cook sausages over medium heat, stirring occasionally to break up meat, until no longer pink; drain and remove from skillet. Gently fold pizza sauce into sausages to coat.
Unroll dough in pan; starting from middle, roll out to 15 x 10-inch (38 x 25 cm) rectangle. Bake about 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
Spoon sausage mixture gently over crust. Sprinkle with 1 ½ cups (375 mL) cheese. Top with tomatoes and pepper; sprinkle with remaining ½ cup (125 mL) cheese.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Garnish with cilantro. To serve, divide into 6 rows of 3 columns.
420 Calories, 21g Fat, 23g Protein, 33g Total Carbohydrates, 5g Sugars