- 500g minced meat (beef, pork, or a mix)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (400g) of diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
more recipe sainsburys minced beef
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the pan. Sauté for about 2-3 minutes until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the minced meat to the pan and cook, breaking it apart with a spoon, until it’s browned and cooked through. This usually takes about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 2-3 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes with their juice. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and let the mixture simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. If the sauce is too thick, you can add a bit of water to reach your desired consistency.
- Once the minced meat mixture is well-cooked and flavorful, it’s ready to serve. You can use it as a filling for pasta, tacos, sandwiches, or any other dish you prefer.
Feel free to customize this recipe with additional ingredients like bell peppers, chili flakes for some heat, or your favorite herbs and spices. Enjoy your homemade minced meat!