- 500g beef mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 400g canned diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for cooking
- 300g spaghetti (or any pasta of your choice)
- Heat a bit of olive oil in a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic, carrot, and celery. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
more recipe Minced meat and onion pie
- Add the beef mince to the pan and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until it’s browned and no longer pink.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Once the sauce has thickened and the flavors have melded together, taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve the beef mince sauce over the cooked spaghetti. You can sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese on top if you like.
Enjoy your homemade beef mince pasta!