- 500g Sainsbury’s minced beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for cooking
- 300g spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional, for serving)
- Heat a bit of olive oil in a large skillet or pan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until it becomes translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Add the minced beef to the pan and cook, breaking it apart with a spoon, until it’s browned and cooked through. Drain any excess fat if needed.
- Stir in the grated carrot and chopped celery. Cook for a few more minutes until they soften slightly.
- Add the canned tomatoes, tomato paste, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Stir well, then reduce the heat to low. Let the sauce simmer for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
more recipe insbury’s beef mince
- While the sauce simmers, cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Once the sauce has simmered and thickened, taste it and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve the Bolognese sauce over the cooked spaghetti. Optionally, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
Enjoy your homemade Spaghetti Bolognese made with Sainsbury’s minced beef!