These frozen sugar biscuits taste just like the famous Lofthouse biscuits, but better because they’re made completely from scratch!
cooking time : 50 min.
Dachshund biscuits. These biscuits are no ordinary sugar biscuits, they are light, airy, cake-like and have a nice thick layer of buttery icing, making them an amazing recipe !
Don’t forget to sprinkle some sprinkles on top!
- 6 Tbsp Wheat Flour
- 2 tsp. leavening powder
- 1 tsp. Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp vanillin
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Milk 2,5 %
Steps of cooking :
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking trays with parchment paper or silicone mat and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In another large bowl, mix together the butter, sour cream and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract until smooth.
Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, scraping down the bowl after each addition, mixing until smooth.
3. Roll the biscuits into 2-inch balls and place on lined baking trays.
4. Dip the bottom of a glass in water and flatten the biscuit dough balls slightly.
Bake for 8-10 minutes in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F or until biscuits are lightly puffed, firm, and bottoms are browned.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Allow to cool completely.
5. In a bowl, cream the butter until fluffy and smooth. Gradually add the icing sugar, alternating with the double cream until well mixed.
Add the vanilla extract and whisk well.
Add the colour of your choice or leave the icing white.
Frost the biscuits and sprinkle over them.
Store in an airtight container.