- 2 to 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 4×8 inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until smooth.
- Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the baking soda and pinch of salt.
- Add the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract, and stir well.
- Finally, gently fold in the flour until the mixture is just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the banana bread cool in the pan for a few minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
more recipe birthday cake
Enjoy your homemade banana bread!