- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups egg noodles
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
more recipe chicken tikka masala
- In a large pot, heat a little oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion, minced garlic, carrots, and celery. Sauté until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken breasts, chicken broth, bay leaf, dried thyme, salt, and pepper to the pot. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, a
- nd simmer for about 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the pot and shred them with two forks.
- Return the shredded chicken to the pot and add the egg noodles. Cook until the noodles are tender, usually about 8-10 minutes.
- Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Remove the bay leaf, ladle the soup into bowls, and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Enjoy your homemade chicken noodle soup!
Feel free to customize it by adding vegetables like peas or corn, and adjusting the seasonings to suit your taste.