Homemade quesadilla recipe ready in less than 30 minutes. Flour tortillas filled with beef, peppers, onions and mushrooms and loaded with cheese, then cooked until the tortillas are crispy.
Cheesesteak Quesadilla Recipe
Preparation time: 10 minutes.
Cooking time: 15 minutes.
Total time: 25 minutes
Keyword: Quesadilla recipe
Calories: 662 kcal
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 medium flour tortillas / burrito size.
- 1/2 lb beef (ribeye or top round), thinly sliced or diced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 6 ounces diced mushrooms
- 3 slices provolone cheese (avoid hardened cheese), cut in half
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise optional
Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large skillet, once heated add the ground beef. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the meat is fully cooked. Remove from the pan and cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, finely chop the onion and chop the mushrooms and peppers. Fry the vegetables in the same pan until tender, adding another teaspoon of oil if needed.
Add the meat to the pan with the chopped garlic, stir and cook until the meat is overheated.
Spread mayonnaise (if using) on tortillas. Divide the filling between the tortillas and place on one side of the tortilla. Cover the filling with sliced cheese and close the tortilla.
Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add a little oil to the pan for a crispy omelette. Place the tortilla in the hot pan and fry until the cheese has melted and the outside is golden and crispy. Turn once. Slice and serve.