1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
more recipe chicken noodle soup
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until it’s light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of cookie dough onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 9 to 11 minutes, or until the edges are golden but the centers are still soft.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your homemade chocolate chip cookies!
Feel free to adjust the chocolate chip quantity to your preference, and you can also add nuts or other mix-ins if you like. Happy baking!