- 1 pound (450g) ground beef, chicken, turkey, or pork
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup beef or chicken broth (optional)
- Heat the cooking oil in a large skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the pan. Sauté them for about 2-3 minutes until they become fragrant and translucent.
- Add the minced meat to the pan. Break it apart with a spatula and cook it until it’s browned and no longer pink. Stir occasionally to ensure even cooking.
more recipe pancake recipe
- Season the meat with salt, black pepper, paprika, and dried oregano (if using). Mix well.
- Pour in the tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes and mix it into the meat. If you want a saucier texture, you can also add beef or chicken broth at this point.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and let the mixture simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. This allows the flavors to meld together.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. You can add more salt, pepper, or herbs to suit your taste.
- Once the minced meat is cooked through and the sauce is well incorporated, remove it from the heat.
Your minced meat is ready to be served! You can use it as a filling for tacos, spaghetti sauce, on top of rice, or in various other dishes. Enjoy!