- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Cooking spray or additional butter for the pan
- more recipe strawberry shortcake
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, milk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract (if using).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay.
- Heat a griddle or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and lightly grease it with cooking spray or butter.
- Pour 1/4 cup portions of the batter onto the hot griddle to form pancakes. Cook until bubbles form on the surface, then flip and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Remove the pancakes from the griddle and keep them warm. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes with your favorite toppings like maple syrup, fresh berries, or whipped cream.
Enjoy your homemade pancakes!